Debuting October 9, Viceroy New York lures guests with Central Park views, a chic downtown atmosphere with a Midtown address and an indoor plunge pool. It’s an opening we’ve been looking forward to all year, and here are five things you should know about the new swanky hotel.
1. All about the amenities. This Midtown hotel is pure luxury not only in its style and finishes, but in its amenities, too. Beyond the indoor plunge pool, there’s also a rooftop lounge and bar aptly titled The Roof (opening this winter), a 24-hour fitness center and thoughtful freebies such as complimentary Wi-Fi and bottled water. Rooms are stocked with modern amenities such as Beats by Dre Beatbox Portable sound systems, Illy espresso machines and custom smart phones that allow you to make calls, text the concierge and even control the television.
2. Location. Situated on West 57th Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues, the hotel is just two blocks from the southern edge of Central Park and a short walk to New York’s best shopping, theater district and attractions. Several subway lines (F, N, Q, R) are also on 57th Street for quick and easy access to restaurants and downtown boutiques.
3. Hot New York chef. Viceroy New York will have a restaurant called Kingside, a collaboration between chef Marc Murphy of local favorite Landmarc (with locations in the Time Warner Center and in Tribeca) and the nightlife mavens of Gerber Group. This street-level restaurant and bar will serve new American food and handcrafted cocktails. Small plates from Kingside will also be available on the soon-to-open rooftop so you can savor Murphy’s cuisine alongside stunning Central Park panoramas.
4. Elegant escape. The brainchild of design firm Roman and Williams, the luxury hotel is a masterpiece, both inside and out. Aesthetic and comfort are the allure of the 240 rooms and suites in the Viceroy. They are outfitted with king-sized beds (or two doubles) and rich wood, leather and mixed metal accents. Some rooms have a private balcony or terrace with floor-to-ceiling windows; but Viceroy Park View rooms are the best, as they boast sweeping vistas up the expanse of Central Park. Viceroy New York also offers spacious one-bedroom suites and a simply stunning, two-bedroom penthouse that occupies the entire north side of the 28th floor with views of Central Park and the Manhattan skyline.
5. Green with envy. Keeping up with the times, Viceroy New York is eco-friendly — especially for Manhattan. Initiatives such as installing low-flow water fixtures, outfitting each room with air purifiers or HEPA filters and comprehensive recycling programs make this hotel environmentally responsible. Green travelers can take that extra step by reusing towels and linens, checking out the local listings of eco-friendly restaurants, businesses and services provided by the hotel, and receiving folios via email at checkout.
Photos Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel GroupTags: Chef Marc Murphy, grand opening, hotel, Kingside, New York City, Viceroy New York