Although the list of things we love most about The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club — a Five-Star resort that overlooks the rolling fairways of the Plantation Golf Course, St. Simons Sound and the Atlantic Ocean — seems endless, we’ve whittled down our picks just for you. Here are five things to love about this luxurious hotel located on Sea Island, Georgia:
1. 24-hour butler service. When we stayed at The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club, it felt like we were staying at a friend’s private country manor, complete with our very own butler. Each room at The Lodge comes with a butler who is available around the clock. Ask him to do everything for you (within reason) from pressing your shirts and shining your shoes to making you a midnight snack.
2. Ocean views. Perched right on the Atlantic Ocean, the Five-Star hotel offers picturesque views from its rooms, vast outdoor patio and plush lawn.
3. Nightly bagpipes. Each evening here, a bagpipe player strolls down to the shoreline just before sunset to serenade guests with some traditional tunes.
4. Golf courses. Golf Digest Index rated The Lodge the best golf hotel in the United States, and considering it’s situated between two impeccably manicured courses, you’ll quickly see why. We recommend playing a round or two on the Seaside Course (par 70); its 18 world-class holes overlook the Atlantic.
5. Classic décor. The outside of the Lodge resembles an old-fashioned country manor, and that façade is matched by the classic wood accents inside. You’ll find gorgeous hardwood floors, wood trim on the walls and exposed wood on the ceilings.