The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Acqualina Spa by ESPA offers a jam-packed treatment menu, chock full of massages, wraps and facials. The spa also offers top-notch amenities to give you a complete spa experience. In fact, we recommend that you give yourself a few hours before (and after) your treatment to experience them all. These are the five best amenities at the Miami spa:
1. The ice fountain. The ice fountain in the glamorous, tiled changing room is designed to work in tandem with the steam room; the staff recommended putting a handful of ice chips from the fountain in a towel and cooling ourselves down with it after spending time in the crystal steam room.
2. The crystal steam room. Take a seat on the sparkling tile bench in the spa’s steam room. A large white crystal rest in the center of the room, and through the warm steam, you’ll see the light show from above—the lights slowly change in color from yellow to pink to green, adding a hint of color to the space.
3. The relaxation room. This unique room, which is glows a soothing red from tinted lights after the sun sets, has eight large lounge chairs topped with soft blankets and a brown throw at your feet. Each chair is separated by a bamboo divider, so you feel like you have a completely private nook. There’s a small table with a reading light next to your lounger, perfect for reading one of the stocked latest fashion magazines. The ginger mint tea by Forté and the spa’s signature lemon-lavender shortbread cookies were the perfect post-steam room snack.
4. Spacious showers. The showers in the locker rooms have their own entry space with a bench for placing your robe, slippers and towels before stepping into the actual shower stall. They are come outfitted with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shave cream and fresh razor. You won’t have to worry about strolling about the locker room in the buff if you don’t feel so inclined.
5. The spa pool. The private outdoor spa pool and Jacuzzi — with heated jets and a Roman waterfall with views of the sparkling Atlantic Ocean — is tough to beat. You can sun on a lounger during the day and in the evening, when the candles come out, take in the sound of the rustling palm trees and the warm ocean breeze.