With its special blend of whimsy and elegance, The Hotel Hershey successfully toes the delicate line between family resort and luxury hotel. It’s one of the reasons we love the Four-Star hotel. Here are several more:
1. The architecture. Milton and Catherine “Kitty” Hershey envisioned a hotel based on their world travels. You’ll see this connection immediately at the Hotel Hershey with its Mediterranean-inspired green roof, Spanish tile floors and open terraces. The whole scene is an unexpected warm breeze among the green hills of Central Pennsylvania.
2. The view. No matter which side your room faces, the hotel’s perch atop Pat’s Hill gives it a stellar, sweeping view of Hershey and the surrounding countryside.
3. The convenience. Most visitors to Hershey come seeking chocolate, and the hotel’s location and affiliation with the factory, amusement park and other attractions make planning a snap.
4. The chocolate. From in-hotel shops to turndown service to, of course, the amazing dessert menu at the Four-Star Circular Dining Room, the hotel embraces its cocoa-covered history and shares it with you. Those with a sweet tooth will find pure sugary bliss here.
5. The family feel. While there’s no debating this is a luxury hotel, the welcoming ambiance and planned activities for younger guests (think summertime bonfires and s’mores) allow families to find an upscale hotel with balance.
Photo courtesy of The Hotel HersheyTags: The Hotel Hershey