The Peabody Orlando’s recent $450 million expansion and renovation project updated the hotel’s entire look and greatly expanded the hotel’s conference services. We love what they’ve done with the place, but here are the top five things we love most about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The airy lobby. Walking into the bright, expansive lobby with soaring ceilings was a pleasant prelude to the rest of our stay at the hotel—the space is outfitted with loads of decadent marble, a massive fountain and friendly staff. Guests can’t miss the famous Peabody Marching Ducks, which put on a show twice daily in the Grand Lobby.
2. The pools. Make a splash at The Peabody Orlando’s pools. There’s plenty of room to do your morning laps in the large Terrace Pool, or lounge under a cabana while the kids play in the Grotto Pool with its 20-foot slide and waterfall.
3. The restaurant. Good vacation food can make your trip that much better, and thankfully, The Peabody Orlando offers delicious options for lunch or dinner at Napa, a restaurant that pays homage to Northern California. The menu changes seasonally and the flavors burst on your palate. And then there’s the great wine selection, which seems only fitting for the restaurant’s name.
4. The bed. At the end of the day, chances are you’ll be pretty tired, which is why the Four-Star hotel makes it easy for you to drift into a sweet slumber in a Peabody Dream Bed by Simmons Beautyrest. These cozy beds come complete with pillow-top mattresses and down pillows so you’ll feel refreshed the next morning and ready to continue your vacation.
5. The meeting space. A total of 300,000 customizable square feet is spread over three levels, anchored by the 55,000-square-foot Peabody Grand Ballroom. And all of the rooms are outfitted with Audio Visual Innovations, the in-house provider, will work with you to make sure all of the state-of-the-art audio/visual and network capabilities are working to their fullest potential so your meeting goes off without a hitch. The hotel is also adjacent to the Orlando County Convention Center, a meeting planner’s dream destination.
Photo Courtesy of The Five Star Travel Corporation