The iconic Hotel Bel-Air exudes the type of old Hollywood charm that’s hard to find these days, but it also has a few other distinguishing characteristics. Here are five fabulous things about the hillside hideaway:
1. Its grounds are covered in greens: Nature-filled spaces abound here with the grotto-like Swan Lake, sprawling lawns filled with blooming hedges and old sycamore trees, and hidden terracotta courtyards filled with fountains, flowers and outdoor fireplaces.
2. It has a Wolfgang Puck restaurant: The world-renowned king of California cuisine is a central focal point (both literally and figuratively) at Hotel Bel-Air. His restaurant is at the center of the hotel and serves up fresh food in an enchanting indoor-outdoor space.
3. It’s secluded: Hidden in the hills of Los Angeles’ exclusive Bel-Air neighborhood, the hotel offers privacy and discretion in a gorgeous setting. For decades, big names have come here to unwind and revel in the hotel’s low-key elegance.
4. It has a premiere spa: The hotel’s recent renovation added a 4,134-square-foot spa by Swiss skincare superstar La Prairie. Facilities include marble-clad locker rooms, a relaxation room that opens up to a garden patio and large, tranquil treatment rooms.
5. It has one heck of an iconic pool: Surrounded by towering palm tress, the legendary oval-shaped pool is always heated to 82 degrees for year-round swimming and is now decked with wood lounge chairs, cushions and white umbrellas.
Photo courtesy of Hotel Bel-AirTags: Hollywood, Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles, Wolfgang Puck