The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Sage prides itself on offering a sustainable menu of seasonal ingredients, so the menu items at the Las Vegas restaurant change rather frequently. Sage’s Shawn McClain is an acclaimed Chicago-based chef, and his experience shows in this sultry restaurant’s signature dishes. Here are a few items that remain steadfast hits year-round:
1. The beet salad. Try the beet salad with walnuts and bleu cheese foam (you won’t regret it). Not only does the foamed bleu cheese provide an inventive presentation, but it also serves as the perfect contrast to the crunchy walnuts and beets.
2. The pork loin. If you’re in the mood for meat but don’t want to feel stuffed afterwards, go for a lighter option and try the Iberico pork loin, complete with milk-braised cannelloni, baby eggplant and creminelli mortadella.
3. The peach praline profiteroles. Fans of cream puffs will delight in the peach praline profiteroles when dessert time rolls around. With roasted peaches, praline gelato and peach jus, this fruity treat satiates a sweet tooth.
4. The foie gras custard brûlée. For a unique take on a typically elegant offering, order the foie gras custard brûlée for an appetizer. This dish is the perfect marriage of sweet and savory, and features bing cherries and crusted cocoa nibs with a salty brioche.
5. Absinthe. Time your dinner so you can enjoy a selection of Absinthe, one of the inventive housemade cocktails or intriguing beers at the large bar and lounge area before settling down for a modern farm dinner. Since letting loose is practically a requirement in Las Vegas, Sage’s impressive absinthe menu will ease you into a fun night in Sin City.
Photo courtesy of MGM Resorts International