Though you’ll have a whole slew of treatments available to you at the Five-Star Spa at The Broadmoor, a few in particular stand out. Here are five that we love to indulge in:
1. The latest and greatest treatment at Spa at The Broadmoor is a package called the Lu’Lur Ceremony ($315). Inspired by an Indonesian pre-wedding beauty ritual that lasts several days, it has been adapted to take about three hours. A 30-minute soak in a private tub with rose-scented bath salts (and a rubber ducky) kicks off the ritual it’s followed by a hibiscus-and-turmeric body scrub, a Swedish massage with jasmine oil and a moisturizing session with coconut body lotion that includes acupressure.
2. Both the lavish Ceremonial Turmeric Scrub and the Coconut Cream Delight are offered as à la carte treatments. These will help buff and replenish your skin, no matter how dry the winter air gets.
3. A hydrotherapy session in the 18-head Serenity Shower ($35) is another spa specialty; the state-of-the-art, beautifully tiled stall is computerized to adjust to your height and preferred temperature and water pressure. You won’t find a more thorough or relaxing shower experience in any spa.
4. To take years off the face you show the world, try the Premium Facial ($225), a 90-minute, eight-step extravaganza that includes a back rub, scalp massage and acupressure. It’s a whole lot more than just a mask for your face.
5. During the 70-minute Ashiatsu Deep Therapy Massage ($215), therapists don’t use their hands, but their bare feet to knock out the knots. It might be a little different from your usual massage, but we think that’s a good thing.
Photo courtesy of Spa at The BroadmoorTags: Colorado, Colorado Springs, Five-Star, spa, Spa at The Broadmoor