On a sliver of land bordered by a large turquoise lagoon on one side and the South China Sea on the other, Angsana Lang Co, which debuted on Nov. 1, is the newest luxury resort to open on the breathtakingly beautiful central coast of Vietnam. And like Angsana’s other properties, this one is contemporary in style but infuses authentic touches from its unique locale. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors discovered a few reasons to consider booking a trip there now:
1. Traditional Vietnamese accents. While the décor is sleek and sophisticated, age-old Vietnamese elements are weaved throughout the resort, such as silk embroideries, the use of bamboo and rattan, earthy colors, calligraphy and local folk art.
2. Airy rooms with stellar views. Thanks to large picture windows, each of the 229 guest rooms has a view of the Truong Son Mountain Range, the crystal-clear lagoon or the ocean; 100 of the rooms have their own private plunge pools and others offer private gardens and pavilions.
3. Key location. Just beyond the resort, you’ll find mountains and national parks that beg for exploration (adventurous types can take a motorbike). And close by are the fascinating historical sites Hoi An, Hue and the Hindu temples of My Son.
4. Indulgent, native spa treatments. Local flowers and fruits are used in spa services that range from massages that ease tense muscles with warm sesame oil to a body therapy that ends with a rice body polish.
5. Diverse culinary options. Yes, Angsana Lang Co has a traditional restaurant (Rice Bowl) that serves local rice dishes and sushi, but it also offers a beachfront tapas eatery (Moomba) and a spot serving French-Vietnamese cuisine (The Marketplace). For drinks, Rice Bar has rice-based cocktails as well as a cigar lounge.
Photo Courtesy of Banyan Tree Hotels and ResortsTags: Angsana Lang Co, Banyan Tree Resorts, Luxury Hotel, South China Sea, Vietnam